Monday, February 8, 2016

What Inspires Me

Once again, I have been forced to a school assignment, and posed with the following question:

"What inspires you to write?"

My first response would be 'bugger off, that's my business', but for school work, I'll answer.

What inspires me to write is control. That's it. Control. I can tell a story, but I get to choose who lives. Who dies. Who cries.

Wait.

Nobody cries in my stories. That's lame.

Anyway, people will know what I mean. If you watch a movie, you think "That's an idiotic decision for film-making!". Same thing with a book. With writing, the idiotic decision is reversed, by my hand. I wouldn't do something as stupid as Ang Lee would do.
The Incredible Hulk in Ang Lee's SULK, 2003

I mean, why do you think people write comics? John Smith said it best when he said "Some jackass wrote Spider-Man into an idiot, and I fixed it. You're welcome."

That may sound a bit arrogant to you, but it's true! If somebody screws with a classic character, you can go back and fix them with writing. Or create new characters and make them classics.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Thanks a lot, Ang Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment