Wednesday, February 3, 2016

An Open Letter to Robert McKee/A Link to His Crappy Speech

Dear Robert McKee ,

I was forced to watch your video on screenwriters for school. I just want to say one thing:

HOW ARROGANT CAN  YOU GET?

He dismisses comics as useless, and having nothing to say. Many comics have made political and social statements. While I may not agree with their statements, they DO have something to say.

A film about effects.
A film about story.
Robbie goes on to say that Steven Spielberg and M. Night Shamalan also have nothing to say, and are crappy screenwriters. Look, this is true for Shamalamalan (who hasn't written a good script since Signs), but Spielberg often has great scripts. Aside from Jurassic Park and Jaws being more about the show of graphics and effects, he tries to develop great story. (A.I. had great story, but the effects were way over-done.)

So, Mr. McKee, I assume you have fans. Many fans.

I will not be one of them.



Sincerely,


Randall Flagg.









No comments:

Post a Comment